HubSpot for Colleges & Universities
Manage higher education operations from contacts to courses, donations and more!
HUBSPOT'S ROLE IN HIGHER EDUCATION
HubSpot: The customizable toolkit redefining education's digital frontier
Colleges, universities and other educational institutions have unique business models that don't quite align with HubSpot's standard objects. But, with the platform's versatile suite of tools and features, you can tailor your HubSpot instance for all of your needs.
HubSpot enables educational institutions to optimize their outreach, streamline communication, and cultivate meaningful relationships with students, instructors, and donors, and more.
Build your Higher Education Data Model
How to customize your HubSpot instance to suit your institution's specific needs
HubSpot is easy to customize to fit educational institution's needs.
Create custom objects such as Scholarships, Research Grants and Courses as well as adjust the OOTB Objects to better suit your needs, such as:
- Contacts ➢ Contact Types (student, instructor, etc.)
- Companies ➢ Departments
- Tickets ➢ Counseling Programs
- Deals ➢ Applications & Donations
Expand the Contact Object to Foster Diverse Relationships
Tailoring the contact record for varied contact types and relationships
By creating a "contact type" property on the contact object, you can manage various types of contacts.
You can also use conditional sections in your record builder to customize each contact type's record allowing you to view only relevant information for each contact type like:
- Students: Student ID, major, minor, GPA etc.
- Instructors: Job Title, office location, Phone number etc.
- Applicants: Application status, SAT/ACT scores etc.
Manage University Courses with a Course Custom Object
Seamlessly track course enrollments and waitlists
The Course Custom Object can store all course information. With these details in HubSpot, you can track course enrollment and capacity, as well as alert students when a slot opens up!
A few properties you should include on the Course Custom Object are:
- Course title & code
- Course type
- Number of credits
- Capacity & Enrollment numbers
Track Applications with an Admissions Pipeline
Monitor admissions processes from initial inquiry to enrollment
The default Deal Object can effectively track all admissions information including applicant info as well as tuition revenue.
By utilizing the Deal Object for admissions, you can:
- Utilize HubSpot forms in the application process
- Employ workflows to create a deal automatically when an "application" is submitted
- Capture applicant info on forms to dynamically update the deal record including tuition revenue
- Automate communications for acceptance, rejection, and waitlist emails during the application process.
Foster Donor Relationships with a Giving Pipeline
Using the deal object to capture and coordinate fundraising efforts
Donations play a significant role in educational institutions. By leveraging the Deal Object, you can establish a streamlined Donation Pipeline, enhancing your fundraising endeavors with the capability to:
- Trace donations from the Request stage to the Donation Received stage.
- Automate donation requests and reminders.
- Employ HubSpot Payments to securely collect and store payment information within HubSpot.